The Beckman Institute focuses on the issue of climate change in a tribute to Ted Brown’s 1971 book, "Energy and the Environment." Dr. Brown has long been interested in how our energy consumption is affecting the world we live in, and we invite you to take part in the discussion.
The symposium follows the annual Beckman-Brown Lecture on Interdisciplinary Science (3 pm Monday, October 15, 2018).
- Joanne Chory, Professor and Director, Plant Molecular and Cellular Biology Laboratory; Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator; Howard H. and Maryam R. Newman Chair in Plant Biology, Salk Institute
- Donald Darensbourg, Distinguished Professor, Department of Chemistry, Texas A&M
- Marcetta Darensbourg, Distinguished Professor, Department of Chemistry, Texas A&M
- John Gilleland, Chief Technology Officer, TerraPower
- Jim Hurrell, Walter Scott Presidential Chair in Environmental Science and Engineering at Colorado State University
- Rattan Lal, Director, Carbon Management and Sequestration Center Ohio State University
- Cathy Murphy, Larry Faulkner Endowed Chair in Chemistry, University of Illinois
Please RSVP for the symposium by Wednesday, October 12, 2018.